Friday, October 21, 2011

A Day in the Life...of Someone with CRPS/RSD

It doesn't matter what you call it, a day in the life looks much like this 
(assuming it's a good day)


Okay, I don't get Physical Therapy--I'm not even close to ready, so keep this in mind.....
I used to rise at 5am to go to work.  Now, my alarm sounds at 5 so the pills that must be taken on an empty stomach can be so I can attempt to choke down something with the pills that must be taken with food--like the Vitamin D-2.  Oh, and the Vitamin D-2.  I set the record for the lowest level ever drawn in the clinic (amongst my other malnutritional problems).

My D-2 was immesureable...my D-3 was barely 7.  Total was 7...I shall soon know what my blood level was 7!

I have met one person who had a level of 6; she has an eating disorder: anorexia.

Gastroparesis here, folks.  That's the constant nausea and vomiting where you're fortunate if part 2 isn't NUMBER 2.....

Meaning, part 2 being something like this:


Not this:

#2

Well, shit, I'm sorry, but--for one, at least the dog puked in the toilet....second, at least the individual responsible for picture #2 of Number two, had the good sense to take the damned picture...how many times have you been asked the details of your last bowel movement?

Well, I get asked what my puke looks like..."Breakfast" is usually the response.  Or whatever meal I was stupid enough to eat...so there's really no shit (excuse my language on my blog,) in my gut to produce like this person has...there's nastier photos, and be grateful I am well enough to use a little humour tonight...

And that happens less often.  When you carry what you need around in a bag formerly used for a bowling ball, and some of it is pills, ok...most of it; then the siesta mask for the sudden migraines, countless earplugs, a couple jugs of your protein shake--some fennel so you can have a good shit and count them by the week not the month.

If your lucky you sleep.

If your not you sweat, scream, cry, vomit, take your body weight in pills:


This is what my hips look like--the right one is the one they drilled that I got RSD from.  The surgeon said ITBS (IT Band Syndrome)...but we've preeeettttttyyyy much ruled that out.  At least I am not this poor bastard:




Of all the things that suck about RSD/CRPS, is that even a needlestick by someone who is a bloody moron, you are basically fucked (sorry--my blog, my language, no one is forcing you to read), but talk about getting enough fluids, I should take a photograph of my meds, which mostly come in liquid....

This isn't my slush, but pretty fucking close: don't forget about the pile that I have to chew and crush...some perfectly helpful meds, I have had to stop taking because I couldn't tolerate the taste.  And because I have to make a slurry of it.......I chew/crush pills more

As my body gives out on me, as the betrayal continues...my right leg constantly feels something like this:


But none of these, or all of these combined accomplishes what I would like to find for RSD:                    |
|
                         \    |     /
                          \   |    /
                            \ |  /
                              \/      
         

 
One                          plus               TWO


equals


What feels like a million....



And it's fucking all you want!!!!!!


Putting out fire with pills-medications, spinal blocks, etc.....it's crap.

This mug reads:
"My own experience with a chronic painful medical condition exceeds your percieved medical knowledge"
       


No more "RSD099" please!!!

The first two hours of my day have been hard enough!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment